Twilight Town
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group of Rping Friends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elton John's Got Nothing on these Pipes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lenny_

Lenny_

Elton John's Got Nothing on these Pipes Empty
PostSubject: Elton John's Got Nothing on these Pipes   Elton John's Got Nothing on these Pipes EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:42 pm

I still don't have a driver's license but I did not let Scott know that when he tossed me the keys to his van. It's his home and essentially became my home when he adopted me. If this were any other vehicle I'd drive the hell out of it, leave it totaled in some ditch and definitely not look back at the very awesome explosion. I should purchase sunglasses and maybe a pack of cigarettes for such an event.

As it stands, I'm not in a hot rod, I'm driving a house (it's big enough to be one, that's for damn sure) and I'm doing half the speed limit into town. People start honking, even pedestrians look at me as though I'm not quite rage-y enough to drive.

I pull up to my favorite haunt, a little dive I like to call my home away from home and won't leave until I'm totally plastered. As I climb out of the econoline, however, I notice something amiss. I check my front pockets of my army jacket, then my trouser pockets.

"Son of a-,"

I certainly can't wail songs sober. Who do they think I am, a crazy person? I hop back in the van, hoping to find my rogue wallet. There's less garbage than expected; I'm a bum, sure, but I have no need for fast food or snacks. Now. So at least the van is clean of that. Clothes and beer bottles on the other hand...

After a good ten minutes of searching (I found three old cellphones, a charger, a shoe with no pair because I thought I lost this one ages ago, and a purse. I don't remember robbing a granny, but there are a lot of things I don't remember.)

In a last ditch effort, I search the purse of its contents by dumping them on the passenger seat. Bunch of lady crap, a pen and other pointless junk when I finally notice the wallet.

"Well, go on, open it Charlie."
Back to top Go down
Lenny_

Lenny_

PostSubject: Re: Elton John's Got Nothing on these Pipes   Elton John's Got Nothing on these Pipes EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:52 pm

Inside is a single note. A tenner.

"Whoo baby! I'll have double vision tonight!"

Yeah, yeah, it's only a ten spot, but after you pay for ten dollars worth of drinks, the rest can go on a tab. And tonight, I feel like a ten is just enough to get me to sing right along with the jukebox. Usually other patrons will pay to shut me up so yes, a ten is more than enough.

I swagger into the bar and not a single person glances away from their table, drink or target. Ah, home.

It's not long before I've finished off my first round of shots with the bar keep before I get that blissfully numb sensation swirling about my head.
Back to top Go down
Lenny_

Lenny_

PostSubject: Re: Elton John's Got Nothing on these Pipes   Elton John's Got Nothing on these Pipes EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 4:41 pm

It's by the third verse that the entire bar starts shouting out "Lenny" and it's two verses after that when I realize, they aren't cheering for me but answering to the song, trying to shut me up.

"Say my name, say my name," I belt out but I'm pretty sure the jukebox is confused because we're on two different lines. Oh well.

That's when I notice the vamp leading the unsuspecting victim out. Okay so the victim never suspects a thing. It's something vampires are good at. Lying. Manipulating. Hiding the body. Mental shit.

"End of the show. Sorry guys." I finish off my beer, grab my coat and run out the door. I only have to round the corner to find the leech buried in the poor guys neck. "Hey!"

I raise my arm and swing, not fully aware that the bottle made it outside with me. And broke against the baddie's head. I smile, a little blitzed, because damn that's lucky. Then her fist connects with my jaw and the world gets a little weird.
Back to top Go down
Lenny_

Lenny_

PostSubject: Re: Elton John's Got Nothing on these Pipes   Elton John's Got Nothing on these Pipes EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 11:02 pm

Putting my hands on the sides of my head, palms down elbows up, I kick my legs up and out to get myself off the ground. When my legs came back down, my left heel caught the vampire's knee. I'm pretty hammered still because it barely even hurts me. But maybe I have my huge boots to thank for that.

Vertical again, I put up my fists but the vampire still has hold of her knee. Cool. Not one to miss up a cheap shot, I grab her by her shoulders and force her around in a circle. I meant to get her dizzy, but I feel a little wobbly by the time I let her go. She crashes into a wall with a clatter and I take a few steps back, trying to get my balance back.

She growls. Seriously. Who does that? Is she like part dog or what?

Then she lunges at me, which is better than it sounds because I pick up a broken leg off of a discarded chair. Which I quickly point at her.

Dust to dust, baby.

I grin at her would-be victim. He looks petrified. I guess I'm terrifying, I think with a shrug. "You could say thanks. I like just about anything with barely and hops."

He gives me a smile of relief then brings his hand up to the wound on his neck. "Some real weirdos out there, huh?"

My vision gets fuzzy. I think I nod at him, but all I really know is the blind heat of unbridled hunger. He asks if I'm okay but I can't answer. My fingers wrap around his arms, force him to the wall as I finish the other vampire's dinner.
Back to top Go down
Lenny_

Lenny_

PostSubject: Re: Elton John's Got Nothing on these Pipes   Elton John's Got Nothing on these Pipes EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:59 pm

After a decent feeding, I usually wander off to a subway and take a long ride. So I can nap. But I feel delirious, each step unmeasured and uncertain as the ground beneath rolls like the ocean. I can feel my hair grow. Yeah, I know. That's completely overused but my god!

Someone shouts my sentiment and, for a second, fear ramps up my irrational thoughts. Did someone find him? Oh shit, he was probably a hunter. Well, in that case I should go back for him. I mean, I was a hunter once I could mentor him...But as I got further and further away, the effects of his blood wore off. It wasn't like coming down from a high (I guess? no idea...) but my thoughts definitely have some cognitive backing.

Aw fiddlesticks, where's that wagon I fell off?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elton John's Got Nothing on these Pipes   Elton John's Got Nothing on these Pipes Empty

Back to top Go down

Elton John's Got Nothing on these Pipes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twilight Town :: Suburbia :: Gazebo-
Jump to: